Elastic is seeking a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Machine Learning team. You will have the opportunity to work with exceptional engineers on cutting edge technology in a small and focussed team. You can and learn and build your skills as a QA Engineer whilst working on both manual and automated testing for our ML products.
Machine Learning at Elastic
The ML team works on features that form a natural extension to the search and analytics capabilities in Elasticsearch by focussing on providing “Time Series Anomaly Detection” capabilities using unsupervised machine learning. Over time we plan to add more machine learning capabilities, but for now we are focused on providing added value to users storing time series data such as log files, application and performance metrics, network flows, or financial/transaction data in Elasticsearch. Machine Learning is part of our X-Pack.
What you will be doing
- Participate in all aspects of QA product lifecycle: Scoping, test case creation and maintenance, feature, regression, integration /end-to-end test execution and automation
- Report and verify bugs in a timely manner
- Ability to identify and research issues with our products
- Communicate status and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change
- Identify and develop areas for automation
- Build test environments
- Provide input/status updates regarding test progress/results on a daily basis
- Operate under minimal supervision