Please include a short note to be considered for this position.
Beats at Elastic
The Beats platform is the basis for building open source shippers that collect all kinds of operational data, store it in Elasticsearch, and visualize it with Kibana. They collect data from edge servers, and are used to power application monitoring, infrastructure monitoring, and network monitoring. We currently have six official Beats: Filebeat for gathering logs, Packetbeat for network traffic, Metricbeat for metrics, Winlogbeat for Windows event logs, Heartbeat for uptime monitoring and Auditbeat for Linux auditing. In addition, the open-source community has created over 40 Beats, collecting data from all sorts of sources.
- Innovate, lead and contribute to front end and visualization experience of the UI for Beats, built on the Kibana platform.
- Answer community questions.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
Skills you will bring:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 5+ years of front end development work.
- Experience with one modern MVC style JS Framework
- Excellent understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Operational experience with monitoring systems is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
- Knowledge and experience in Elasticsearch, Distributed Systems is a plus.