At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Innovation at Elastic never stops and we are excited to have recently been joined by the amazing team of Opbeat who are currently working hard to fully integrate their Application Performance Monitoring solution into the Elastic Stack. Welcome Elastic APM! We are currently making major changes to the product as we integrate it with the Elastic Stack, and we are now looking for a talented Golang Developer to join the team as soon as possible.
APM consists of three components - the agents, the server and the UI:
The agents are application libraries that automatically instrument the application in order to measure duration of requests. The server processes data from the agents and stores the application performance data in Elasticsearch. The UI is a Kibana plugin.
The Golang Developer will focus on the server component, which is currently under heavy development. The server is based off of libbeat (Golang) and all code is open source.
Please include a short note as to why you are a fit for this role. Note this role is for North America or APAC only.
What you will be doing
- Write open source Golang code for the APM Server component. Performance and scalability of the server will be core requirements for you take into account in your work.
- Collaborate with agent owners on Intake API endpoints.
- Work with development teams and solutions architects within Elastic.
- Answer community questions on GitHub and our forums.
- Work with our support team to help customers.
Skills you will bring along
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience working on enterprise software and On-prem software
- Experience in Golang programming is a big plus, but not strictly required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently as part of a globally distributed team
- Knowledge and experience in Elasticsearch, Logstash, Distributed Systems is a plus.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.