Love development? We’re looking for you!
The Cheat Sheet is the ultimate, high-quality set of time-saving cheats/guides to everything our readers want, need, and ought to know, do or buy so they can get the most out of life. We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our growing team! Modern men and women in our increasingly mobile world come to The Cheat Sheet for its comprehensive analysis of premium lifestyle coverage, and you could be part of our team dedicated to optimizing our site!
As our Full Stack Software Engineer you will:
- Report directly to our Director of Technology and collaborate with our close-knit tech team.
- Build leading edge internal software systems and leading edge UI in our CMS and site. .
- Work with our senior management to develop software features.
- Work with our editors and authors to deliver UI features.
- Help take our website to the next level.
- Support our existing front-end team and back-end team.
What makes The Cheat Sheet a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 14 million monthly readers and our company was just named to Inc’s Top 5000 list for 2016.
- We are a tightly knit team passionate about our product and we strive to be experts in our fields. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere you choose. We have a distributed workforce, which means you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive compensation, PTO, benefits
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Experience with LEMP stack
- Familiarity with Yii, Laravel mastery of PHP, MySQL.
- Experience with Linux and comfort with working within the shell.
- Experience with code versioning, knowledge of optimization techniques for high traffic sites and large datasets, OOP, standards compliant coding are required skills.
- Knowledge of AWS, Redis, LUA helpful but not required.
- Ability to estimate time and stick to deadlines necessary
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please fill out this form.