At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Software Engineering team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our program management team in Raleigh, NC or Westford, MA. In this role, you will be an integral part of an engineering team responsible for planning, developing, testing, and releasing cross-product software solutions. You’ll work with geographically distributed engineering teams focusing on different projects and coordinate their project deliverables and schedules. You’ll also develop and nurture key relationships with product management, development management, and quality engineering management. As a Senior Program Manager, you’ll need to have expertise in both program management and business analysis to understand the requirements and business drivers for a variety of Red Hat’s management offerings and projects and use this to facilitate collaboration. This position can be based either in the U.S. or the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
Primary job responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate complex, multi-phased programs by guiding cross-functional teams across multiple offerings to define, scope, plan, and deliver high-quality software
- Oversee all aspects of new and existing programs or projects from start to finish
- Develop and maintain the master plan, schedule, and status for multiple releases
- Develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, while fostering an environment of collaboration, trust, and accountability within and across departments
- Coordinate recurring team meetings
- Identify risks, issues, and problems in software engineering processes and develop detailed recovery, mitigation, and scaling plans
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5-10 years of experience delivering technology-related services or offerings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional, internationally distributed environment and effectively use traditional and virtual communications
- Experience with multiple software development and project management methodologies, tools, and requirements management and defect-tracking systems
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Practical expertise with open source software and Linux is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.