The Red Hat Middleware Support Engineering team is looking for a Software Maintenance Engineer to join us. In this role, you will ensure the functionality of the Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) middleware solutions. You’ll provide expert advice for developing, managing, and scaling applications built with the Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP). As a Software Maintenance Engineer, you will be expected to produce well-researched, accurate, and prompt responses to developer-level technical issues.
Primary job responsibilities
- Efficiently develop test cases, patches for our offerings, and examples to resolve customer issues
- Share your knowledge with our customers by using your developer-level experience to analyze or debug Java and C++ application issues at the language-level, e.g., code development, code review, and stack traces
- Own issues and provide outstanding customer service experience
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and reproduce problems
- Expert knowledge of the middleware environment
- Experience working on large-scale enterprise Java projects at the developer level
- Experience analyzing and debugging Java application issues at the language level
- Experience troubleshooting, analyzing, and reproducing issues
- Genuine customer focus and understanding that customer success is your success
- Passion for improving your skill set in open source in general and in the enterprise Java space specifically
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related discipline, preferably computer science or engineering
- Familiarity with web services middleware technologies, including Apache CXF, is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.