Right now, we are looking for Engineers to work as a part of our Elastic Stack as a Service team and to reinforce our presence in APAC specifically. This is an opportunity to work on a fast growing SaaS service, with a globally distributed team, a dynamic and rapidly growing group of engineers based all around the world, covering a multitude of countries and timezones. Our Cloud service leverages technologies such as 3rd party Cloud hosting (AWS, GCP, etc.), Docker, Terraform, and others to provide the best of breed hosted Elastic Stack as a Service offering.
We're solving some very hard problems with innovative tech and have fun doing so.
Why you should consider working in our team
- You will get to work with a dynamic team of globally distributed engineers.
- You will have the opportunity to be an evangelist for Elastic products and services through blog authorship, conference speaking, and developer relations.
- You will have the chance to become a pivotal contributor in a fast paced and high growth product team.
What you will be doing as a Cloud Engineer
- Develop software for our distributed systems and Elastic Stack as a Service offerings
- Participate in design and architecture discussions.
- Be an expert in dealing with failures and complications related to a cloud offering
- Contribute to automated testing
- Thrive on your interest in technical outreach (blog posts, tech papers, conference speaking, etc.)
- Be an awesome person to work with
What you will bring along
- CS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of object-oriented development with at least one of: Scala, Python, Java, C++, or similar
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, and Cloud hosting environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Extensive experience designing solutions for the server side of scalable cloud software applications and platforms
- Experience with developing highly distributed Cloud systems.
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- A self starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
- Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Nice to have- experience using or developing with Zookeeper, Paxos, or Raft