The Messaging Channels team is responsible for building the future of the Twilio SMS API to embrace new forms of communication, starting with Chat applications (such as Messenger, iMessage, RCS) and digital assistants (such as Alexa).
As a member of this team, you will define and implement the technical infrastructure required to merge new communications mediums with the existing Programmable SMS infrastructure. To take it to scale, you will be integrating with a complex distributed platform in Scala and Java and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency, and data integrity. At the core are cloud technologies that enable deployment and management of computing resources globally.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build the future of asynchronous messaging
- Bring creativity and fresh thought to the system design process on a daily basis.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Release, monitor, and maintain features in a responsible, reliable way as part of our integrated DevOps practices.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- 5+ years of software development.
- Experience in at least one web stack and framework, preferably in Scala or Java.
- Comfortable operating in a startup environment – this team demands and expects passion for ownership and self-direction
- Have been an active participant in agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Ideally, you have experience in a highly-available, uptime-critical production environment.
If you are not experienced in communications, no worries, you will learn. We are seeking engineers who have solved complex problems at scale and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST