GOOD Worldwide is the home of good.is and upworthy.com, and together we unlock and amplify human potential — for good. We’re a mission-driven media company that reaches 200MM+ people per month, largely through social media. We are looking for a Data Engineer.
What will you do?
The Data Engineer will be part of a cross-functional, remote-based team that includes data analysts, data scientists, software engineers, designers, and product managers. The data engineer’s projects will involve building and maintaining large, complex, and dynamic data sets and the development of sophisticated data tools and products.
As a Data Engineer, you will develop procedures and tools in a scalable fashion that customize and optimize the process of assembling, manipulating, and managing large and dynamic datasets to support large data-based projects and other analytics needs. You will work to improve data access and fluency across the company, including team members from product, engineering, revenue, marketing, and editorial teams.
- Developing and maintaining existing data pipeline tools
- Developing automated processes to extract, transform, and load unstructured data from different sources
- Ensuring optimal and consistent delivery of analysis-ready data at scale
- Identifying data issues, evaluating their impact on analytic tools, and implementing solutions
- Improving automated data processing inefficiencies
- Building dashboards, analytic reports, data tools, and data products for internal stakeholders across a variety of teams
- Communicating data findings to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Working with data analysts, data scientists, product managers, designers, and software engineers to execute complex data engineering projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, other quantitative fields or equivalent
- 3 years relevant experience integrating, manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large unstructured data sets
- Extensive experience querying third-party APIs, manipulating and cleaning unstructured data, social media data preferred
- Expert in SQL and relational databases with hands-on experience developing database applications
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment;remote working experience a plus
- Fluency in advanced SQL and relational databases
- Experience writing production-level code to manipulate and analyze data in Python
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, Redshift, S3
- Experience working in a remote environment and/or working with remote teams
- Digital media, publishing, and/or social media industry experience
- Experience with Looker, Google Analytics, Librato, Heroku
- Expertise in statistical analysis
- Experience with machine learning and deploying machine learning models in production
Who are you?
You are analytical, a great communicator, a high achiever, and a principled representative of the company. You’ll be working with people in a distributed, virtual work environment, so you’re comfortable with lots of email, video conferences, and phone meetings.
What will you get?
GOOD Worldwide is committed to supporting our staff, offering a competitive benefits package including equity in the company, a 401(k) plan, as well as medical, dental, and vision plans, and more. And you should know that GOOD Worldwide is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization.